Wow! It’s 2020! Whippee! The World Health Organization has designated 2020 as the “Year of the Nurse and Midwife”, in honor of the 200th birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale. This certainly feels like the year of the nurse for the yoganurse tribe. We are finally launching our very own YogaNurse Yoga Teacher Training (YNYTT) made specifically for nurses by nurses! We want to thank all of the nurses who enthusiastically enquired about the course. Please watch this space for announcements on the launch date.
Before we fly off into the new year, I want to take a moment to appreciate the gifts of last year. Here’s what 2019 brought with it.
- I founded yoganurse.com in 2006. 2020 is our 14th year running and we’re stronger than ever before with growing interest worldwide! The Yoganurse movement is spreading further and faster, improving healthcare for nurses and their patients.
- We now have more than 20,000 followers, over 1000 nurses enrolled in our YogaNurse Essentials eCourse, and almost 50 Certified YogaNurses with the first CYN program running in September 2015.
- Yoganurse.com was listed as one of the top nurse blogs of 2019! I feel honored to be on this list with some of the best nurse blogs around.
- I was interviewed and featured on Confident Voices in Healthcare by Beth Boynton, RN, MS, Leading Nurse Blogger.
- Certified YogaNurse and Cardiac Nurse Practitioner Lindsay Pemble has created our Cardiac Protocol for our upcoming YNYTT training. Her contributions are, as always, lively and loved. She is an active member of the yoganurse community and she helps nurses manage their stress with yoga with great success. She was also the inspiration for the latest addition to our yoganurse avatar collection in 2019.
- RN Angela Sisk was one of the first nurses to become a Certified YogaNurse. She helps oncology nurses and cancer survivors use yoga tools to enhance physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing, during the cancer journey and she has generously created our Oncology Protocol for our upcoming YNYTT Yoganurse® Yoga Teacher Training.
- Certified YogaNurse Annette Watson, RN, CYN, MBA, RYT, is the accreditation manager for the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Her consulting company assists healthcare clients to improve their services using accreditation and certification combined with yogic principles as tools for transformation. She has been a blessing to work with, she hosted her first successful YogaNurse workshop in her local hospital system and is actively contributing to the YNYTT team!
- Certified YogaNurse, RN Susan Turnage just recently released her memoir “One Nurse Universe” – a must read in my books! She also gave a YogaNurse presentation to 75 of the Community/Public Health BSN students at Virginia Commonwealth University. We are so blessed to have this talented nurse and writer be a part of the YNYTT team. Her contributions to the training is certainly something to look forward to!
- Our dear CYN (Certified YogaNurse) Shirley A Class gave birth to her long time dream by opening her own spa and wellness studio “Barefoot on the Beach”. I see a YNYTT training session there in the not so distant future. Oh the gratitude.
- Dr. Timothy McCall endorsed our upcoming YogaNurse Yoga Teacher Training (YNYTT). Such a good authentic inspirational man. Understands SAPS. And is a seeker of health peace and wisdom.
- Beloved Certified YogaNurse Kerry Churchill, a most dedicated YogaNurse ambassador leader plays an instrumental role in CYN Training and beyond. She was also one of the first nurses to become a CYN. Her work continues to encourage and inspire mindfulness in nursing. Many of you know and love her and her support in our community is priceless.
- Certified YogaNurse RN Tiffany Martin gave a successful yoganurse presentation to her unit for a work retreat and is looking forward to expanding consciousness in healthcare with more presentations to come. Tiffany has been a wonderful and positive contributor to the yoganurse movement and she inspired the creation of a new Yoganurse Avatar.
- A new team was born. You asked, we listened and in 2019, we formed a dream team of nurses to bring you YNYTT. Teaching yoga is great but teaching yoga as a nurse is phenomenal! With a full heart, I want to express gratitude for all the support and love shown by CYN and nurse leaders and nurturers: Angela Sisk, Damaris Maria, Kerry Churchill, Lindsay Pemble, Susan Turnage and Annette Catalano Watson. Thank you for helping me make YNYTT a reality!
Every single nurse who follows, shares and loves the yoganurse movement has contributed to the betterment of health care for nurses and their patients. If you are not yet a part of our loving family, perhaps 2020 is your year. You can start here with the Yoganurse Essentials eCourse, then get a special invite to our private FB group, or consider being part of our soon to be released YNYTT, YogaNurse Yoga Teacher Training, share the love and participate in the positive prana (good, healing vibes) of our community.
I look forward to the growth we can create together in 2020, year of the nurse!
Annette Tersigni and YogaNurse Team
Our top 3 blog posts for 2019. Worth a read if you missed it!
You are a…
Get powerful curated tips on the art of nurses teaching yoga
In spirit of our upcoming training: YNYTT (Yoganurse Yoga Teacher Training), we are giving away this jam-packed guide full of wonderful curated tips that will help you become a highly effective & highly influential nurse yoga teacher.